People get angry or mad sometimes. And sometimes, they drive themselves into a frenzy of rage. A 72-year-old woman was arrested for hysterically assaulting a pregnant soldier in the act of racial discrimination.
According to a witness, the fight started because the soldiers took a handicapped spot right in front of Judy Tucker and her son who tried to park there. The son followed the soldiers inside a restaurant and verbally abused them. He shouted “gay black b***hes” and “does the military let lesbians serve?”
The fight over the handicap parking spot almost instantly turned into a messy brawl. Allegedly, Judy Tucker became furious after one of the soldiers tried to take a record of the incident with her phone. That’s when things got physical. She and her son tried to take away the phone when the soldier said:
First of all, look at me! I’m pregnant! Look at me: You’re pushing a pregnant lady!
People in tried to separate the sides, and then Judy and her family was kicked out of the restaurant. Shortly afterwards, the police officers arrested the woman. However, she has been released on bail.
Judy Tucker has an art restoration business which is probably going to die because of hundreds of people commenting on her Facebook page and spreading the news about her recent actions.
How to deal with similar assaults and manifestations of racism?
1. First of all, know for sure that you are not over-reacting.
2. Secondly, it is best to walk away, especially if you are pregnant.
3. Try not to get personal and focus exactly on words and behavior.
4. Be direct. Point out exactly the words or actions that bother you.
5. Learn to differentiate between racist actions and racist people. The latter don’t change, while actions are just mistakes in most cases.
6. If the situation becomes really heated, contact the police.
We hope such situation never happens to you. Hopefully, you’ll know what to do if something like that happens.
Click ‘NEXT POST’ to read more stories like this one and SHARE with friends on Facebook.
Have you see that?
We like that posts.